top of page


  • Writer's pictureRakhee

The Perrin technique in London for the management of long COVID

The Perrin Technique in London

SARS-CoV-2 infection more commonly known as COVID-19 has been a major pandemic with devastating effects, resulting in millions of deaths across the world. Studies showed that 80% of patients had mild to moderate disease and the remaining 20% developed severe disease or critical illness and eventually some lost their lives. Many of those who recovered from COVID-19 developed persistent or new symptoms which they may still be suffering from. This is called long COVID. Patients are PCR negative, however, they experience symptoms which continue for more than 3 weeks. This includes symptoms of fatigue, headache, ongoing fever and a persistent cough, sore throat or shortness of breath. Some patients also experience gastrointestinal symptoms. Fatigue is the most common symptom and one particular study showed that 50% of people affected by COVID-19 were suffering from fatigue at a follow-up after 10 weeks of a negative PCR result.

What is the Perrin technique?

Here at Rakhee Osteopathy we are proud to present the Perrin technique in London. First discovered in 1989 by Dr Raymond Perrin, osteopath and neuroscientist, much research has been carried out into this technique. It is an osteopathic technique, which uses massage of the brain and spinal fluid to help relieve the symptoms of chronic fatigue. The symptoms experienced by patients suffering from long COVID are similar to those of chronic fatigue syndrome. Chronic fatigue syndrome is a multi-system disorder which begins with tiredness and lethargy and continues to develop until patients suffer from extreme fatigue and are not even able to get out of bed or do anything for themselves any longer.

The Perrin technique in London is designed to manually stimulate lymph flow around the body, using specialist massage techniques, to help remove toxins which may have built up in your circulatory system or in the muscles and tissues of your body. By detoxifying the body, the Perrin technique in London aims to reduce the symptoms of fatigue, increase vitality and promote overall wellbeing.

Here at Rakhee Osteopathy we are multi-award-winning practitioners of the Perrin technique in London recognised by Dr Raymond Perrin himself for our excellence. We have helped hundreds of patients manage their symptoms of Chronic Fatigue more efficiently, assisting them to get their lives back on track. We can help you manage your symptoms by assessing your health, finding out how you have been affected by long COVID and looking at your medical history. Then we will put together an individually tailored treatment plan which incorporates the Perrin technique to help improve your overall health and wellbeing.

Speak to us at the practice today and find out more about how the Perrin technique may help improve your symptoms of long COVID and boost your overall wellbeing. Although this technique is not designed to give you instant results, by helping to remove toxins from the body it will assist in improving the quality of your health, help your mental positivity and get your life moving forward once more. The pandemic has affected everyone in some way or another and if it has affected your health then you need to speak to us at Rakhee Osteopathy and find out how we can help you.


bottom of page